Arc Centre & Gallery is conveniently located within a short distance from Stockport Town Centre, the M60, the A6 and the border with Manchester. Housed in a bright and spacious Victorian factory that was formerly the world famous Craven Brothers engineering works.
Renovated in 2016, Arc Centre has a range of facilities available for artists, groups and professionals, from free workspaces in the art gallery to kiln firing and spaces perfect for larger meetings. The Arc Centre can provide a unique venue for you and you clients, with revenue from bookings helping to support our charitable aims.
“A lovely place, which is welcoming and friendly.” -Arc Centre visitor
We have free parking and are situated close to local public transport links from Stockport and Manchester. Please see the information below about each of our spaces and if you would like any more information please don’t hesitate to call or email us for a chat.
The Gallery is a light space in our vibrant arts centre, open to the public every weekday 10:00-16:00 except bank holidays and a short time over Christmas and New Year. You are welcome to visit and work in the space while the gallery is open – whether you’re working alone, want to have a meeting with colleagues or undertake a 1:1 or appraisal. Our tea and coffee is reasonably priced and you are welcome to bring your own food if you would like to work over lunch. You can also hire the gallery exclusively although availability is limited.
- Informal networking events
- Small meetings (e.g. staff appraisals, 1:1s)
- Individuals working or enjoying a lunch break
- 15 participants for an exclusive and booked networking event
- 6 people for a group meeting
Small meetings and individuals do not need to book, but space is dependent on availability each day. Please give us a call on 0161 480 7731 before coming if you would like to check availability.
Individual working and small meetings while the gallery is open are free of charge (WiFi available) and prices for hiring the gallery exclusively start from just £25 – please see this document for further details.
Occasionally we need to close the gallery, please visit this page to check if it is open to the public when you plan to visit.
Our multifunctional main studio is a large, airy space, perfect for artists who would like to run workshops, classes or training. Our reasonable rates mean that you can keep also prices reasonable for your participants, and you can make use of our on-site equipment and materials.
Our studio is also a great space for a networking event, meeting or presentation. We can arrange drinks for your guests or you are welcome to bring your own food if you would like to offer lunch.
- Informal networking events
- Meetings and presentations
- Creative workshops and training
- 40 people (standing) for a networking event.
- 25 people for a meeting or presentation.
- 15 people for a creative workshop (depending on the activity)
Prices for hiring the studio start from just £25 – please see this booking form for further details.
“I had a lovely time at the centre today – I feel so relaxed and inspired!” -Workshop participant
Arc has a spacious and light ceramics studio/workshop with potter’s wheels and sold tables, providing the opportunity to make, store and fire ceramic artwork as well as offer ceramics workshops, masterclasses and courses.
- Ceramics workshops
- Individuals or small groups who would like to use the studio space for creating personal ceramics work
- 8 participants for a workshop.
Prices start from just £25 for a kiln firing – please see this document for further details.
- Individuals or small groups who would like to use the suite for personal work
- Digital skills workshops
Technical Specifications: TBC.
- There are 6 Apple Macs, 2 of which have full Adobe Creative Suite installed. We can arrange additional apps or software for you, but there will be a cost attached to this.
Prices start from just £20 for the use of one machine – more information TBC.
How to Book
Arc Centre & Gallery is open Monday – Friday 10:00–16:00 and booking can be taken for these times. Out of hours hire can be arranged, but there may be an additional cost. All hire is subject to availability so please get in touch with as much notice as possible.
If you would like to make a booking, please complete and return the booking form. Bookings are subject to complying with our terms and conditions please see the hire agreement for full details.
If you have any questions or would like to visit to see our spaces with no obligation, then please contact our centre manager Amy Whitehead:
E – email@example.com
T – 0161 480 7731
M – 07702890830
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please click here to download the Arc Centre Hire Agreement.
Please click here to download the Venue Hire Booking Form [PDF 43KB].
Please click here to download the Venue Hire Booking Form [Word 41KB].
Options for filling in your form
1. PDF – Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader‘s Fill & Sign tool will open a PDF and allow you to type onto it, save and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Word document – fill, save as PDF and send by email to email@example.com.
3. PDF – print and post to or bring to the Arc Centre.