Arts for Wellbeing
Arc is a creative arts organisation based in Stockport, UK, specialising in workshops, arts for wellbeing and community development. We work in and around Stockport and the North West from our base at Hat Works in the centre of Stockport. You can see just some of the things we do as an arts and mental health service in Stockport in our latest videos.
Arc has several team members, partners, volunteers and supporting organisations – please visit this page to find out more about them.
Please find out more via these links to other pages;
We offer high quality creative experiences, skills and opportunities which promote individual and communal wellbeing, reaching the most vulnerable within communities, recognising the value of creativity to self-worth, resilience and confidence
What we offer
- We offer vulnerable adults & young people structured programmes of support, helping them on a journey through recovery to wellbeing and independence.
- We offer health partners and commissioners a specialist service which uses the unique power of the arts to support recovery from mental ill health. We have unrivalled experience in the development of high impact, bespoke support programmes for people at all stages of recovery.
- We offer communities the opportunity to experience, design and co-produce inspirational arts events which build capacity and change perspectives about where they live.
- We offer artists training, space, opportunities and resources to develop their practice in socially engaged settings.
- We offer members of the public with a creative interest the opportunity to learn new practical skills.
At Arc we have a commitment to:
- Connectivity – The arts have an amazing ability to bring people together, enabling us to find strength in ourselves and each other. By connecting through creativity to people and place, we support each other, and develop a genuine sense of belonging. This has a profound impact on our mental health.
- Creativity – Creativity can transform lives –we can be inspired to flourish, to express ourselves, to be more confident and articulate. To take control of our future and to celebrate our journey.
- A Voice for Mental Health –There is huge power in being given the space to tell your story and to listen to others’. Exploring and sharing narratives help us make sense of our experiences and our world, reinforcing that we are not alone.
- Accessibility –Creative projects need to be open, welcoming, easily accessed and responsive to the needs and interests of participants, but also ambitious, striving for the highest artistic outcomes/values.
- Effective & efficient resourcing – We can always seek to improve our model, increase our impact and focus the use of our valuable human and financial resources.
Annual Reports & Evaluations