The Arc Board of Directors (trustees) acts as a governing body for the charitable company. A Board is collectively and legally responsible for robust financial and risk management, good governance and strategic vision, company and charity compliance and ensuring the organisation’s resources and delivery aligns to its charitable objects and governing documents.
Good governance is fundamental to our success. It enables and supports Arc’s compliance with the law and relevant regulations. It also promotes a culture in which everything works towards fulfilling our vision.
To further this, the Board will:
- endeavour to secure the long term direction of Arc
- maintain our policies and procedures to ensure that Arc is run in a way that is legal, responsible and effective
- listen and respond to the views of service users, funders and supporters with an interest in our work
- consider our responsibilities to the wider community
- promote equality, diversity and inclusion, and good relations
- ensure open communication by informing about Arc and its work
- handle complaints constructively, impartially and efficiently
- act according to high ethical standards
To find out more about Arc, our values, reach and finances please read our latest Annual Report: