Arc is a leading arts and mental health organisation based in Stockport which explores the relationship between creativity, culture and wellbeing.
The central purpose of the Engagement Officer will be to bring together the different elements of Arc’s diverse and exciting programme. To achieve this, the officer will need to be dynamic, flexible, approachable, positive, open to new ideas, a problem solver and an excellent communicator who is able to enthuse and motivate others.
The Engagement Officer will be a freelance role managed by the Artistic Director (AD), carrying out a wide range of delegated tasks as described in the roles and responsibilities set out below. The officer will have a background in the arts, familiarity with IT, Word and Excel, and be an excellent communicator, motivator and trainer.
The officer will work with the Artistic Director to develop resourceful and resilient teams able to function effectively with few resources. Volunteers will play an integral role as part of a co-ordinated approach to the whole delivery.
This is an opportunity to:
- Engage with all of Arc’s stakeholders
- Support the AD in the delivery of Arc’s programmes
- Design and manage events, networks, programming and activities
- Work with the AD to develop ideas to raise the profile of Arc
- carrying out specific projects and research
- organizing events and exhibitions
- liaising with clients, suppliers, partners and other members of the team
- supporting volunteers, assisting with recruitment and training
- being involved in decision-making processes
- meeting and greeting visitors at all levels
- attending team briefings
- running meetings
- carrying out background research and presenting findings
- contributing to funding applications
- writing reports & proposals
- producing briefing papers, presentations and other documents
- updating the Arc web site (for which training will be given if needed)
- organizing diaries, responding to emails and making appointments
- devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing
- handling phone calls, enquiries and requests
- abiding by Arc’s policies and procedures at all times
- Fee £7,500 £100/day ( £12.50/hour for an 8 hour day) for 3 days per week, to include possible evening and weekend working
- Initial contract period 6 months / 25 weeks September 2018 – February 2019
- To be reviewed, with possible extension to May 2020.
- Call out – Monday 25th June onwards
- Submission deadline – Sunday 15th July at 6pm
- Shortlisting – Wednesday 18th July
- Interview days – Tuesday 24th & Friday 26th July
- Start date – week commencing 3rd September 2018
Anyone wishing to be considered for this opportunity should:
- send in a written application letter with a CV
- provide contact details for 2 referees
- Enhanced DBS status (preferred).
Please send applications to: email@example.com
The Arc Gallery & studio is open weekdays and the last Saturday of every month if you wish to visit prior to applying. Any questions related to the role, please contact Jacqui Wood, firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not regularly engage agencies for permanent or temporary roles, nor do we accept sales calls.