Volunteer with us
Volunteer with us in Greater Manchester (Stockport, Oldham, Tameside)
We couldn’t do what we do without the support of our amazing team of volunteers! We really value the skills, enthusiasm and dedication of those who generously give us their time on a regular or ad-hoc basis to volunteer with us in Greater Manchester.
We offer volunteers the chance to use and develop skills in a wide range of roles, so if you are looking to be part of a vibrant and creative community that seeks to make a real difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
Our volunteers come from a wide range of backgrounds:
- Exploring a career in the Arts or Mental Health sectors
- People who want to try something new and make an impact in their community
- People who enjoy the creative and friendly environment Arc offers
- People who have participated in our arts and wellbeing programmes and want to stay connected as volunteers
- Those needing to develop skills in a specific area to improve employment opportunities: customer service, marketing, fundraising etc.
Perhaps YOU are just the person we need right now . . .
Volunteering in Greater Manchester – Available Roles
Arc Centre Host
As the first person the participants and the public meet as they enter Arc, you are welcoming, approachable and enjoy working as part of a team. You love to create a safe and inviting space for people to feel at home in the Arc centre. You take on a range of roles during a half or full day of volunteering including:
- Handling sales in our gallery shop and arranging displays
- Working in the café, serving participants and the public
- Designing and delivering activities for the public in the Creative Area
- Posting updates from the café on social media
- Supporting events such as Saturday Art Clubs, Fundraisers or Exhibitions
- Talking to the public about our programmes and events
You gain experience in customer service, welcome and hospitality, plus the chance to develop your creative and artistic skills in our public Creative Area or assisting with exhibitions and displays. You input into the activities that are on offer and become part of the Arc community – the beating heart of our centre!
Creative Wellbeing Assistant
You are great at supporting others and helping to build their confidence. You enjoy the arts and appreciate how creative activities support wellbeing and improved mental health. You understand professional boundaries and safeguarding when working with vulnerable adults and young people. You work alongside a professional artist or group of other volunteers to facilitate creative sessions at Arc Centre or out in the community and give your time on a regular basis for the duration of a project or programme.
You are available on an ad-hoc basis to support our monthly Saturday Art Clubs, supporting individuals, families and children to enjoy a wide range of creative activities on offer and taking on some of the Arc Centre Host roles described above when needed. You have a great ability to “see what needs doing” and are happy to get stuck in!
You want to host events, challenges and creative activities to raise support for our programmes, either in your own community or as part of a team of Arc volunteers. You may be looking to develop a new skill or have experience in this area – either way we would love to hear from you! You use existing Arc resources to support you or bring in your own ideas- the sky is the limit on what you might help us achieve!
We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced people to join our Board of Directors! Read more here.
Ready to apply? Download the form here:
And return to our Volunteer Co-ordinator Hannah Flint – email@example.com or by post to:
Hat Works, Wellington Mill
Wellington Road South
Stockport SK3 0EU
If you would like to talk to us before applying, please call the Arc office on 0161 480 7731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org